Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Creatures who Bite Wires and Backs

Really, I promise to make sense. The subject for today is my cat, Bleu, and the Democrat (I tend to agree with some conservative talk show hosts that they may be Democrats, but they are not democrat-ic) Party's pundits and media blitzers (including Wolf). Both bite things. My cat, Bleu, likes to bite wires in my apartment. He has severed the one that allows me to access the internet. I have made other arrangements until I can get new wires and "bitter apple" to lather on them so that he won't do it again.

But he is a cat. What does one expect. He bites things, although he has never bitten a human being. This is not something one can say about those dancing on the other side of the political aisle who bite the backs of anyone that moves and challenges their syllogistic theories and pronouncements. Today, the fact that her 17 year old daughter got pregnant, makes Sarah Palin a hypocrite. Really? It seems that it means only that the daughter did not listen to her mother about abstinence, and that meant a child who mom is going to help her keep, completely CONSISTENT with her stated values. Am I to understand that if I a member of my immediate family fails to meet the values I advocate that I am a hypocrite? Am I forbidden to have a value because someone in my family fails to abide by a certain value promulgated as an ideal? Am I forbidden to have a value even if I fail to abide by it? We have all likely not acted in accordance with our values. Digressing to the apostles, as I must, except for one, each of them in turn promised to follow Christ and promulgate his message of objective Truth, and each of them failed miserably. That doesn't make the value any less, just points to human frailty. So Sarah has a teenager who got pregnant. That doesn't mean her advocacy against teen pregnancy has any less force. And then there are the other speculations that have been posited as news without ANY investigation. Do you want salt with that bit of back? Rabid would appear to be the word du jour.

I said in my prior entry that she would not have time to enjoy the announcement of her being named the VP running mate of McCain. I did not think it would be less than a nano second. Excuse me, I have to make another donation to the McCain campaign.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who'd of thunk a Djinn from the Bronx could have views so similar to a Redneck from Texas!!!!  Enjoyed your rant, Uh, post!  -  
barbara

Anonymous said...

I have just spent the past few days "defending" Ms. Palin from a rapid Democrat over just this issue. This same Democrat has an adult daughter who became hooked no prescription pain killers and became for all intents and purposes a junkie. (Although thankfully she is clean now.) He actively took great delight in this situation, and despite my repeated comments about parents watching their children make decisions that have far-reaching results, he continued to cackle over how this would sink the SS Palin. I finally resorted to asking him what he wanted Ms. Palin to do in this situation, denounce her 17 year old daughter and throw her out of the house? (This is the same man who when I asked him what Obama stood for told me "Change". I asked him what Obama sought to change and how he sought to make that happen and he could not tell me.) I fear that we have gone so far down the road of blame we will not be happy until we find that each candidate is not perfect, has a past, and no one is deserving of our vote. Let he who be without sin cast the first stone. And each of us would do to remember that no one that walks amoungst us is without sin. Throw in a bit of forgiveness and understanding to that mix.