Tuesday, September 30, 2008

All Good Things Come to An End

Someone asked me recently whether a blog like this would stay in the ether long after the writer is gone. I thought the answer was "yes." But it appears that I am wrong. AOL is ending its Journals on which this one has been lodged at the end of October. They are, they say, working on a way to move those who wish to continue to a new blog site, but in the meantime, they have offered this method to save that is still printing out behind me, and I can see is difficult for the endless novice like myself and far too time consuming for the impatient. So, I will see if I can download to a memory stick and reconcile that after a bit over a year, and then see what happens. I will be looking for a new site, something easy, preferably, to begin again. I'll hope that whatever "easy" method for transitioning AOL is talking about will let this journal survive and make the end a new beginning without ado, with nary a beat skipped. But warning to those few of you who have been faithful readers. According to the counter, in only a bit over the year well over 1,000 hits. Not many comments, but a fair number of hits. Some of them are me checking in, others, friends, others who knows.

I wonder if this all means that AOL is about to go bust. Blogging is hot, so when they have to end their blog site, one wonders.

In this fragile economic and culture time, everything is in transition.

So, as they say, "we shall see what we shall see". Maybe the next version of this blog or another blog on another site will be more creative. I hope that you'll stay here until it fades away, or follow me to the next site.

Djinn from the Bronx

No comments: