Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4th at the Bowl

Music! Food! Baseball! Fireworks!

Fireworks at the Hollywood Bowl.

It was July 4th at the Hollywood Bowl, our first, my friends and I, and with the "Gibby at the Bat" version of "Casey at the Bat" by a pre recorded Vin Scully, we were in Los Angeles' version of heaven.

Larry brought 2 bottles of a lovely grapefruit infused wine. and bite sized Babybells. I brought some goodies and a bottle of Mumm California sparkling. Len Speaks brought the butt comforting seating pads. Anonymous of the Barbara Judith Apartments kvelled over his Patina packaged dinner. The heat of the day abated as the light faded and the mountains became shadows againt the soon to be night sky. Randy Newman reminded us all how much we, transplants all, loved LA.

Tommy LaSorda told an old joke I never heard before, and exhorted us to our patriotism, too often hidden beneath our media induced cynicism.

Yup, I love summer in LA. I particularly love summer at the Hollywood Bowl in LA. Thank you Len Speaks for my seasonal birthday gift. Couldn't be better.

No comments: