Thursday, July 5, 2007

Starting Over

 

The Scream

 

I'm thinking the third time's the charm. I started one of these blogs before, and then backed out with a stroke of the delete key. I still have a book blog, but the problem is reading takes time, if I actually read all the paragraphs. . . And if I read a book and I really hate it, I don't want to say that I hated it, so I won't enter it at all on the blog. What to do? A concomitant blog methinks, at least tonight, on things heard, things seen. I recognize that this is one of many such soapboxes, and I likely have no idea even slightly more original  than anyone else's. Truth is, sometimes I  am overwhelmed by the amount of chatter in our world and I am a little embarrassed to add to it, although obviously not embarrassed enough to refrain. There are just a million things out there to record--or is it that there is simply a need, my need, our need, to make an imprint, and what better way than cyberspace, well certainly, a most accessible receptacle. There may be no readers, but there are NO rejection slips.

Will I be cynical? Will I be charming?  Will I be idealistic?  Does it matter? Probably not. But I have set myself on a road, two roads if you count the book blog, btw, The Bookish Djinn. Not a lot there yet, maybe six or so pieces. I am reading a very dense book on Thomas A Beckett and I hope to have something up soon. He is Archbishop of Canterbury as of last night's perusal. The future martyr and the king, Henry II, became enemies a lot sooner than they did in the movie.  But I digress, which will likely be a hallmark of this blog, if not the other.

When I have bloviated in several entries in this newest forum,  I will share with some of my friends. Maybe all of them, oh you lucky souls! Tell me what you think. I'll accept critique, but beware, I cry very loudly. Abundant praise will build my fragile ego. Do what you will. My finger is hovering over the delete key at this moment. If you do read an entry you may root, "DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!"  Even at that, thank you for your glance, even if askance. 

 

 

 

 

No comments: